- Stephanie Willoughby grew up in Vancouver, B.C. and studied Criminology and Psychology at Simon Fraser University. Throughout her studies, she completed a practicum with the Victim Assistance Unit with the Calgary Police Service, was employed with the RCMP, the University of Calgary Security, and with Canada Customs at the Calgary International Airport. Her plan thereafter, was to become a police officer. However, she was temporarily distracted when she discovered her passion for beer. In 1996, Stephanie was integral in opening a microbrewery called Tree Brewing in Kelowna, BC.
- In 1999, Stephanie continued her original path and joined the Vancouver Police Department and spent the first part of her career in General Patrol in various districts in Vancouver.
- In 2008, Stephanie was seconded to the Recruiting Unit to assist in the hiring over 100 police officers to supplement the force during the 2010 Olympic games. Recruiting gave Stephanie the experience in all aspects of the hiring process; conducting information sessions, reviewing detailed applications, facilitating the POPAT, interviewing, and conducting extensive background checks for applicants. Her most notable moment was running alongside and encouraging one of the applicants who was having difficulty passing the timed run, until she successfully crossed the finish line.
- In 2000, Stephanie became a Detective in the Robbery/Assault/Arson unit in the Major Crime Section. She was the lead investigator for a myriad of serious crimes such as attempt murders, aggravated assaults and kidnappings. After 6 years, Stephanie returned to Patrol Operations Division where she us a qualified recruit field trainer and Acting Sergeant. Stephanie loves to motivate, coach and teach junior police officers.
- Do your employees need training in basic investigations?
- Stephanie can offer a course or presentation to companies whose employees are required to conduct investigations.
- Do you have what it takes to be successful in a law enforcement career ?
- Stephanie offers consulting to individuals and small groups to guide and assist you through the recruitment process.